What is sebum?
Sebum is a mixture of glycerides, free fatty acids, wax esters, squalene, cholesterol esters, cholesterol and mixture of lipids. Sebum is produced because of the glands because of the disintegration. From formation and from discharging the cells last about a week. Because of sebum pores the skin gets oily sticky and very dirty. There are types of glands in our body which produces different stuff.
The advantages of sebum are?
There are many advantages of sebum control. The advantages are as following:
- sebum controls the oily spots on the skin
- it makes the water in less amount and also prevents the water hammering from the skin
- It helps protect the skin from entering germs and also protects the skin from fungi and causing any infection.
- It gives contribution to the individual’s human body aroma.
- It plays a role in the immune system; the sebum control helps very efficiently.
Does Sebum effects or varies with age?
Sebum controls the immune system not deeply but a little portion of it. The effect of oil on the skin varies with age and may be in some cases effects the age. The more the sebum used and the production of it is known as seborrhea. Some points are as following:
- For above 4 months an less than 16 months, the sebum produced in the duration of the new born baby’s birth resembles the sebum of an adult.
- When the individual reaches the age 8 then he or she produces less wax and more cholesterol.
- Puberty is increased when the sebum is increased.
- The adult males produce the extra amount of sebum as compared to the adult females.
- Sebum in the human body varies with the age factor, and as the age declines the sebum also declines. In females after menopause the sebum declines.
Diseases caused by sebum are as following:
- Pituitary, adrenal, ovarian or testicular disorders may produce sebum control. it may increase it or may decrees it it’s up to the sebum.
- the amount of starvation makes the sebum in less amount.
- Parkinson is a disease which increases the amount of sebum.
Using systemic medications sebum can be reduced. the points are as following:
- the pills naming Oestrogens (these are combined contraceptive pills)
- Vitamin A used such as antiandrogens such as cyproterone acetate etc are used.